View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #58
lmclamore
Citation Collector

Oddometer: 412
The Micatech black V2's are installed on my F650GS and work well all around. Beatiful fit and finish Micatech! The SW-Motech rack marries up perfectly to BMW's Vario topcase rack. The 4 position option is a real plus and my wife and I exercised it already finding the most comfortable fit for both of us. We commute 2 up most days/week.

The only issue I had with the installation was SW-Motech's instructions and hardware for the installation of the cross girder onto the rear fender. It shows (and they provide) 3 M5x25 bolts and washers to attach the girder to the fender. The problem is there is nothing to screw them in to. Add to that that the intended holes in BMW's fender are quite large. I ended up having to supply my own nuts and washer step ups to bridge the larger holes. An unsightly solution but it works. Furtunately the (US) license plate holder and plate itself end up hiding most of it. Anyway, SW-Motech needs to modify their illustration and provide the necessary lock nuts and washers to complete that step.

Other than that, the system looks great, works perfectly, and provides 14 liters more storage + better top loading options for the same price as BMW's Vario sidecase setup. I am glad I chose Micatech!
lmclamore is offline   Reply With Quote