View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
pip_muenster OP
curious

Oddometer: 410
Sorry, I had to fight a little with jetlag in the last days, but here's the next installment.

A little bit tired I took my way South along the coast. Frequent photo stops helped me to warm up from time to time. I still wore my stuffed coverall all day long and I had heated grips and warm gloves, but you'll still lose a lot of heat over the day.

The scenery kept me awake by changing between wetlands, mountains, cliffs, fjords ...

Finally I crossed the bridge onto the Vesteralen islands. The sun warmed me and from time to time I actually thought about dropping that coverall now.

In the evening I looked for a nice place to set up my tent, when I came across a camping site near a beautiful lake. Having a fresh shower sounded better to me than wild camping and a jump into the cold ocean.

When I put up my tent I re-met all the RVs again and was invited for a coffee by an elderly German couple. A guy in a Norwegian pullover came along and introduced himself as a school teacher, being on his annual summer vacation with his mom. Maybe I should go back to wild camping again.