IpponDuro OP
Now with Camel Toe

Oddometer: 1,007
Day 8
Prudhoe to Fairbanks (all the way)

it was quite foggy that morning in Deadhorse

a few Cariboo ran accross the road in front of us like ghosts in the fog

Then about 60 miles south of Prudhoe

The road surface on the Dalton seemed to change about every 20 or 30 miles we had everything from sloppy mud, to hard dirt, small deep gravel, big 6" minus gravel, and even some boring pavement.

Hell, Sometimes it was even a divided Highway

As we closed the distance with the Brooks Range, The weather was Great and the scenery was Awsome.

Atigun pass up ahead

and down the other side to more divided highway

A co-worker told me a story once about flying from Barrow to Anchorage, He was seated next to a little girl, 5 or 6 years old and he asked her what she was going to do when they got to Anchorage. She replied "I'm going to see a tree".

now I understand.

a few miles north of Coldfoot we were stopped by an excavator loaded on a lowboy sideways

they were hauling it sideways and stopping to clear out the ditches.

I rolled into Coldfoot on Fumes, 2 miles after the KTM said I would run out of Gas.

Fred got some pictures inside where we had lunch

Jeff and I had omelettes, Fred had pancakes.

After We filled up on food and fuel in Coldfoot We headed south and experienced what I might consider Perfect riding conditions.

It was a tad Muddy at the Yukon River but nothing us NorthWet folk couldn't handle.

The post Dalton Picture

We got to Fairbanks fairly late and headed straight to the University of Alaska Fairbanks

We got our room and headed down town for some fast food.

I stayed up a late to make a couple phone calls home and see how dark it really got.

12:30 A.M

Tommorow we would be on Top of The World.

IpponDuro screwed with this post 07-20-2010 at 09:37 PM
IpponDuro is offline   Reply With Quote