View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #48
melville OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
So got some time to work on the bike today around walking the dogs, planting a tree, and trying for FTF on a geocache with the fam (unfortunately, we were STF by about an hour). Found my plate of glass and started checking the fork stanchions in the lower triple after removing the upper triple, using the Randy Glass (how apropos) method. They needed no adjustment in the Y plane--the glass sat flat. I even tried shoving a .0015" feeler blade in, and it stopped at the same place all the way from top to bottom, like so:

After that I had a false start trying to make a fixture for my dial indicator out of wood (one word--DON'T) to check the X axis and will be getting some AL angle tomorrow to continue with that project.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.
melville is offline   Reply With Quote