Doing bits here and there until I can get a day to detail and reseal the motor. PO had made some electrical mods, and not just for the fairing. If he was adding something on, he'd strip the wire he was adding to and solder the new thing on. As I got it, it had two filament bulbs in the taillights:
And this, which I have no idea what it was for (no evidence of a trailer hitch):
So between that and the missing ones due to the fairing I felt better getting four complete pods to put it all back together:
A little cleaning and rewiring and things are so much better:
Yes, the license plate bolts are SS, and yes, I ran the buffer on them before installation.
And now to rewiring the headlight bucket. There are more connections in there than in an entire 6V Beetle! Thank you BMW for the color coded board. Here's the main harness in, switches and lights to come:
And where it stands now: