View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Gangplank OP
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,294
Next....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -W-
Physical conversion done + first rides. Next things is to valve whole thing to mach the bike and use. But even at this moment... wow!

Stroke is at the moment 250mm (but I have also parts for 230mm stroke) and therefore forks are so high at the triples. I will lower them when the matching longer stroke rear shock is ready.

Springs are Íhlins linear springs (5.5N/mm) and they have currently 14-15mm preload which is almost half the preload original forks have (they have too much preload and too soft springs for my taste). And that is propably the thing why this setup is actually more plush/responsive than the original ones, even if the Shiver inner parts have still factory "motocross" valving.

And under hard braking.. No more huge nose dive and unstableness - completely different feeling & trust to bike than with the original fork. Still needs to be valved (and fine tune the oil level) by professional guy, but even at this point it feels really good... But you have to remember that I'm not expert in any way what comes to motorcycle forks & suspension things. I'm more used to set up downhill & mountain bike's suspension! ;) But I like it a lot and I quess that is good thing..?

And then the maching longer stroke rear shock..