View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #340
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Thanks brother, I appreciate the encouragement. Is that story written up somewhere? I'd love to give it a read.

Anyway I plan to take it easy, and get to the finish. As you know, its battle between the heart and the mind, but its a long rally, and my biggest concern is having the energy to keep it up in the latter part of the rally when its maybe not so fun anymore. I think that will keep it all in perspective.

Its awesome that Jonah is with you on the Mongolia rally. Having someone like that around will be inspirational I am sure.
You know what? It didn't even occur to me to write that encounter up as a story but I damned well should, he had some good ones. Maybe I'll try to write something tonight on my 16 hour boat ride home?

I hear you on trying to keep focus on the big picture of trying to get to the end.

As for Jonah, I'm looking forward to more of his dry humour, he's good buddies with Mike so that should make it friendly and casual right from the start. Mike is also hoping to glean good tips from him as am I.
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote