View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
GR8ADV OP
Pow right in the kisser

Oddometer: 810
Whatever/Whenever. RR Father/Son to AK

Well, we're baaaaak. Which kind of ruins the idea of a crafty ending, but the trip in between was remarkable.

A little background first, then the report. First off, it is sunny here in Seattle, and after camping our way through Northern BC, the YT and Alaska for the last month, it is hard to be inside. So we will see how far we get today.

I have been riding for years, Honda's, Harley baggers, BMW baggers and a few years ago my GS ADV. I am wondering how I ever did without the GS. Not only has it opened up tons of non paved areas, but it has taken me down paved roads that end in dirt that I previously avoided.

Shady Pass in Eastern Wa

And thank you Clayton for the patience in Death Valley

I love it. It does everything as well as any bike I have owned in the past except for one thing; keep me out of trouble. But trouble is a relative term...

Why I am on Lippincott pass with a fully loaded ADV for a two week camping trip is a bit lost on me now

I bought the GS with thoughts of North and South on my mind. Now that I have been North, I now have thoughts of North and South on my mind. Those that have been there understand.

This trip would be different in so many ways than anything else I had done. The biggest one of those is that my 17 year old son would be joining me for the ride of rides; 30 days to Alaska. This would take some prep; to harden the bikes; to improve his riding skills; and to get my mind right.

It's All BS Til' the Nanny Posts

GR8ADV screwed with this post 07-28-2010 at 11:21 AM
GR8ADV is offline   Reply With Quote