View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #73
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer: 722
Sunday weather forecast was for clearing skies in the late morning, so with high hopes for a sunny day I set out around 5:30 under dark featureless skies.

First up a trip to the track to check out the early a.m. workouts, on some mornings the combination of sunrise and the dew burning off the grass creates surreal light, this morning however the light was flat and a bit foreboding so I made it a short stop

Next up was to just roll on some miles to test the new seat out and as the overcast sky would have washed out any scenic pics the cameras stayed in the back pack.. I went through a tank of gas and remained basically pretty darn comfortable, the seat is definetly a keeper. Is it the "Holy Grail" no, but for me it works well and I am pleased with the purchase, no need to take advantage of the 30 day return policy. For reference sake I am 6' 2" tall and weigh 190. The stock torture device is now just an unpleasant memory tucked away in a distant corner of my conciousness.
On day when the light is like it was even though scenics are a waste of time you can narrow your focus ( no pun intended ) and find some interesting things to look at. With this in mind I stopped by an over grown field with a fairly large pond situated at the bottom of a gentle slope. The skies actually lightened a bit as I trekked to the pond and the effect on the small details was similar to a soft light box

And in that meadow I discovered....

Brilliant Color

A Lone Sentinel

A Drooling Bird

And then as a light rain started and As I was started to leave,I experienced one of the most treasured things in life

Total Bliss

Thanks to all for stopping by

The Adirondacks and Beyond ADV ride report

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 12:27 PM
prometheus rising is offline   Reply With Quote