View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
GR8ADV OP
Pow right in the kisser

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyL
This looks like it will be a great RR! I'm in.

BTW, how did you ever convince Mrs. GR8ADV to agree to Chris getting his license and a bike? My 21 year old got his license and a bike last year, and his Mom is still pissed!

Have a great trip and safe travels. Keep it coming. I hope to copy you some day.
Hey Sparky. Well, I am not sure exactly. I can understand it when I go on my trips alone as I think I am worth more dead than alive. But it is different with your kids, especially for a mom. Most likely because he is 17 and this was an adult supervised process. I made the bike choice; the MC safety course was a requirement; all his prep miles were riding with me. I am an ATGATT guy and stress that a lot. Although he still does not get it; maybe your 21 yr old will. I am sure this all helped. But I must admit it is a risky business. Don't get me wrong, it is not that there was/is not concern on both our parts.

In the end, this is someting that we will both look back on for the rest of our lives. I hope you make the chance happen for you and your son.

It's All BS Til' the Nanny Posts

GR8ADV screwed with this post 07-28-2010 at 09:55 AM
GR8ADV is offline   Reply With Quote