View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
lukeman OP
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 440
The next morning we had a mad dash to Erie for a wedding to attend. We got a late start as my nephew was playing swords with us and didn't want us to leave. Its about two hours up to Erie from Pittsburgh and we hauled ass so Cindy would have enough time to get ready. It was all pretty rushed as we got there, quickly changed into formal attire and then went to the wedding followed by the reception at the Erie Yacht Club.

Of note in Erie, it was Roar on the Shore. The local motorcycle rally in Erie. Lots of bikes everywhere, but we didn't really have a chance to mingle with the rest of the bikers.

View from the Erie Yacht Club

Winding down

We were pretty exhausted but there was beer to drink!

Packing up the next day. BTW luggage carts are a godsend. After hauling saddle bags up and down stairs in central america, the nicety of throwing it on a dolly is amazing.

After staying out late and drinking a bit too much. I'm not a man to turn down shots of tequila! We were on our way to the Canadian border via Buffalo. Cindy hadn't been to Niagra so we were going to hit that up and then continue up past Toronto and find a place to camp. A bit ambitious being hungover, but it wasn't the first time nor the last.

The border crossing. My last one was from Costa Rica to Panama. Which wasn't too bad but still two hours of dicking around with windows and computer networks being down. I found my anxiety rising as I had been conditioned in central america to getting bent over and asking for more. No crazy guys running up to me telling me they could help me, no bribing local officals, no copies in triplicate of every document I had. Just a really cute border crossing girl welcoming us into the country. Fantastic.

From there it was onto Niagara. Some token shots

Its still breathtaking no matter how many times you've been there.
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote