View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #104
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro D
Yes, that's me LaPorte. I am up for a ride sometime, but only if you are bringing the 800. LaPorte on a smaller bike is a big mismatch for me and my 950. Ok, the truth is LaPorte on his 800 is a mismatch for me too, but at least you wait for me.
ORO D

I have a GPS track for a ride I laid out in my computer room that goes from Brownsville to Placerville and back. Was planning to do this one some time this summer. I have not ridden the whole track only a small section of the main FS road. I was taken to the area by another rider for a dirt bike ride and rode dirt for a day. I asked the other rider where this particular main road went. He said it a main foresty road goes for miles. Found it on my Toto Map and laid out this track. Was planning to spend the night in Placerville and ride back the next day. I don't know what we will find on the ride, but if get's to rough, I turn around and find another way that's easy.
Just so you don't feel uncomfortable. When it comes to the F800GS you might be waiting for me. The F800 is for easy dirt and pavement riding. I am not at all excited about picking up this thing when it decided to lay down.
Maybe we can plan on doing this ride and maybe get one or two others to tag along. Don't want to many riders because of the potential dust. I hate going solo because of the obvious.
Let me know what you think and some of you other guys on the forum in the area, chime in.

Tony

LaPorte screwed with this post 08-06-2010 at 09:50 AM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote