View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
jabandsnort OP
a mighty fly dancer

Oddometer: 192
Cry Act 1

After an hour or so of highly detailed planning on the back of some cocktail napkins, Geddo and I were finally ready to go. We decided to leave on a Sunday to avoid traffic, and allow for a Friday return which would then give us the weekend to recuperate from our travel induced aches and pains. Here's the pig ready to go, looking much the same as it has the last two years with the exception of the Pelican rear case mounted to a MCPPARTS rear rack and my MotoFizz mounted to a pillion plate from the same manufacturer. (For you GS guys out there, these parts are amazing, I can't recommend them highly enough)

The ride started well with a beautiful, if foggy, cruise over the Golden Gate.

We normally avoid big highways like the plague, but to make the most of our time we planned to slab it up 101 all the way to 128 at which time we'd jump over to 1 for some coastal views before we headed inland for the mountains. Right at the 101/128 junction we stopped at a BBQ joint. I forget the name, but this is what the parking lot looks like:

The food was good, I'd recommend it if you're in the area. Anyway, FINALLY, some nice twisty roads, 128 here we come!!

Hey, wait a minute, where's Geddo!?!? What's he doing back there on the side of the road?

What? The oil light came on? Does it need oil?

F*&K

and finally

Damn. Anybody know a good Guzzi mechanic in the Bay Area? What's next? Vacation over so soon? Nah, stay tuned for Act 2: You meet the nicest (and oldest) people on a Honda.

jabandsnort screwed with this post 08-12-2010 at 12:10 AM
jabandsnort is offline   Reply With Quote