View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
PackRat OP
Huey Guns

Oddometer: 1,439
Lots of Parks with restrooms at rest areas: (Now I look like I've been to every yard sale from Texas to Quebec!)

Then I was southbound down the west side of the Long Range Mountains – very gusty winds, drizzle, and the Gros Morne canyon was socked in:

Old dock at Hare Bay

Rain increases (54°) and at 6:00 PM I stopped in Grand Falls Windsor at a small hotel with a restaurant that cooked about anything you would want.

Ending Odometer 54723 = 459 miles

Day 17 June 22 44° and overcast. Head out early to Crow Head and Twillinggale.

Which half did they want me to take - the cold weather or hot weather stuff? I kept trying to call this Bitchy Bay!

Crow Head:

Rough shore line:

Provincial Park: Do you run toward it or away from it?

The smell of birch in the fire places is neat. Most of the small villages are residential without any restaurants.

Went south to Gander Bay then E. on 330 to Musgrave Harbor and down to Dead man’s Bay:

Be careful that when you turn down the loop that goes thru the villages, often the gas station is back on the main road between the ends of the loop. Nice smell of the Atlantic Ocean, gusty winds and fog – you expected no less, right? The fog cleared at Lumsden and I head down to the docks at Hare Bay;
Over to Gloverton, Port Blandford, Hwys 230 & 235 to Kings Cove then back to Clarenville to stay at Bellevue Beach in Fiddler’s Green Cabins. One of the nicest places I stayed in and Ivan was really a nice host.

Fiddler’s Green:

Restaurant across the street.
Ending Odometer 55218 = 495 miles
Yungas Rd.-Bolivia, Alaska '08 - Labrador '10 -
PackRat is offline   Reply With Quote