View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Gramp-Z OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
Think I was starting to get a feel for the Wee . I started out going a little too slow , but picked up the pace as I went along . I hadn't planned on paying a $15 fee to ride up into Mt Rainier Park , so all I could do was leave a $20 The next shot is one of the few open areas I could get a shot looking out across the valleys .

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a shot of Mowich Lake , was going to take the 1/4 mile walk down to the lake , but it was pretty warm and the yellow jackets were a little thick for my liking . I have to carry a sting kit which makes me a little more careful around bugs . A sting is a two pronged problem for me . If I get stung , the sting will kill me and the adrenalin may burst my bad heart valve and kill me . I only saw one bike all the way up to the lake , it was parked at the lake , a V65 Magna . That must have been a fun ride ! Must have seen 80 subaru on the way up and back , had to dodge a couple on corners . Guess they were nervous , gave me a few "pucker" moment as well .

[IMG][/IMG]

There is an ORV Park part way up the road , Evan's Creek ORV , I think . So several truck and trailer rigs on the road . Wouldn't recommend this ride , too much traffic and some of the worst washboards I have ever driven on . I am getting a little more comfortable on the Wee . The whole idea of getting a wee is to hopefully ride to Prudoe Bay next June . After reading just about every ride report , it is a big ride I hope to do while I still can . I hope to do a several day solo ride and primitive camping trip in the next month or two . The only problem is forest fire season and then hunting seasons . Time will tell . Thanks for enduring my first try .

Gramp-Z screwed with this post 08-08-2010 at 05:23 PM
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote