View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
TxLoneRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Day 1 - N. Texas to Springfield CO

Off to the races, (days picture gallery)

Got off to a non eventful start, said good bye to the wife and kids, and got going. Heading west I saw a train coming towards me, Jake loves trains, so time for a few pictures.

Cool, eh! Well when the train had past I was head back to the bike and there was a decent gust of wind, something that happens frequently in west Texas, and the bike gets blown over. As Brian Dilworth would say "ONE!".

Well, got the bike up, and I guess I left my luggage key in the right bag. Well, when I down the road to a Sonic for lunch it was gone, argggg. At least I had a spare.

Continued along and up in the pan handle saw a few really good storms on the horizon.

And got a cool picture getting the rain gloves out

Well continued north, with a few LARGE systems to the west, and a couple of notable to the east I managed to split the gap, with only a few sprinkles.

Hit a motel, and talked briefly to few people who where really disappointed in the weather, guess the region is normally dry this time of the year and their family had a planned outdoor wedding the next day. Hope it dried up enough for them, at least the weather in the morning was nice.

TxLoneRider screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 09:39 AM
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote