View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
TxLoneRider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Day 5, Grande Prairie to Tetsa Provincal Park

(Day 5 gallery)

Had to stop to take a picture of the big beaver.

Went to the W.A.C. Bennett dam. When I got off the bike to take a few pictures, a couple of the visitor centre staff came out to greet me. Guess they where board. Talked me into taking the tour, very cool.

Further down the road would up riding with 3 Harley riders. Met at a closed gas station, I was looking for a pay phone, hey needed gas.

Followed them up to the next town, one or two of them where pretty worried about their gas. Having an extra 1.5 gallons I followed them to make sure they made it to a gas station. They invited me to hand and camp with them, cool. But they said they where going to grab some beer. Don't have anything against beer, just not when I am trying to keep moving.

In Fort Nelson met 3 other riders, Woody and Cheryl on a Goldwing and Jim on a FJR1300. I would ride and camp with them for the next 2 days.

Good folks, and I finally met people who where more ride focused more than I. They where very serious. They also road with run flat sport car tires on the rear and rear sport touring tires on the front. Interesting set ups, and supposedly good for over 15k miles.
TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote