View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #36
isaac004 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase
Hmm. You know, I do believe we passed you guys in Northern Colorado. I don't recall which day, but one morning passed what I thought was blue and white DR's headed south. Now that I read your report I think it must have been your Dad's XR that I mistook for a second DR.

I was first in line on a blue '08 with a yellow kayak bag on top of the luggage pile, and then it was a white '09 DR followed by a red KLR650.
I remember this too...I'm pretty sure it was on 7/13 in the late morning, a bit north of Salida CO. We were coming down the mountain into Salida and you guys were going north up the mountain. The red KLR was trailing a bit further behind. In fact, near the end of our ride while eating lunch in a Subway in Grants NM, a guy on a red KLR from Florida stopped by to talk to us and remembers passing us and said he was with two other DR riders. The KLR guy was loaded up in his truck and said he had to bail for family reasons. Pretty sure he was in your group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwducati
Isaac:
Really enjoying reading your report and reliving the trip!!
This surely was the best trip I have ever done.
Especially doing it with good company such as yourself.

Thanks for taking the trouble to do a Ride Report.

Dad
I whole-heartily agree too, it was a great trip. The ride report is no problem, so that we can relive this trip whenever we want!
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote