View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
madeouttaglass OP
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,408
Another DualSportster

I've envied some of the enduro Harleys I've seen online and always thought that I'd like to build one someday. Last week my buddy Dan emailed me a link to a cheap Sportster in PA. I had him go right out and buy it for me. (We've done these things to each other before.) A couple days ago I drove the 4 hours down to his house to pick up my new toy. In the meantime Dan had me pick up an old Kawasaki G4 that I found here in upstate NY. Much to his wife's delight, I brought that down for his kids. The exchange was made and I got my ass out of there before Myra got home from work.
Two nights ago I picked up and old YZ490 chassis to steal parts off of. I've ordered a few nice orange and black plastic bits off ebay that I think will go nicely with the stock tank and rear fender. Unlike some of the more radical versions I've seen on ADVRider, mine will be more of a low budget build. If I can find a decent width 16 Knobbie I can keep the stock wheels and have this thing together in short order. Any suggestions? My goal is to have it out for some nice fall rides.
Pics to follow shortly.
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote