View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,057

Everyone has to ride the Sun Road and so we did.

Sunday, July 18, 2010 (415 km) woke up in Kalispell, MT after a decent night’s sleep. Broke down camp and discussed where the Beemer’s would take us today. After a spin on the KOA scooter bike thingers, we were off and heading up the Road to the Sun in Glacier National park.

The scenery was amazing; however, the traffic was an annoyance we could have done without! FOUR hours to ride 60 miles ugh! Annoying four wheeled vehicles aside, we enjoyed the views and the jaunt was a worthy one. When we reached the summit, Logan’s Pass, we met some fellow Canucks who were also riding, but seemed to think we were crazy for riding such tall bikes, let alone riding them to New York. Ahhhh, they were from Saskatchewan, what do they know! Weather was sunny and hot. High got to 32 Celsius.

Some views!

Chatting with fellow Canadians who thought we were nuts for traveling so far in such a short time....the top of the Sun Road.

Heading to Great Falls....no real off road riding yet because we needed to still get to NY quickly so we could spend at least 3 or 4 nights with my parents. We rode mainly off the main highways and did country roads.

Once we were out of the park, we headed to Great Falls; MT where we splurged and spent the evening in an air conditioned KOA Kamping Kabin.

I can’t be too long without my beloved internet which also why we choose the KOA’s as they have WIFI access. We had a nice relaxing enjoyable evening, drinking some beer, chilli on the fire and even a shower! Cleaned and shined up, we headed to bed in our cute little kabin for the night.

soph9 screwed with this post 08-15-2010 at 07:18 AM
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote