View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #11
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,265
No pics? July 21st 2010

I seem to be missing pics from July 21 and 22. Go figure. When I find them I will post them!

We got up really early this morning and were off. It is much easier to ride in the morning as we head east. It is cooler than the late day temperatures. Quickly stopped for a bite to eat at a Perkins and all fueled up we took off once again for the dreaded I-90.

Cheryl did get creative with the GPS and managed to save our lack of attention by taking us on a very nice scenic Country road for hours. Then we actually had to ride the I-90 to our destination of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. That is all we did today in 90 degree weather was ride. Both of us had to stop quite a bit to hydrate and we took our under gear and soaked it with water. We rode in LDComfort Undergear. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this underwear. Rode with the vents on the arms of our jackets slightly opened and that made the inside of our gear cooler as well as our body temperature. Riding in this heat we have to be really careful not to overheat and tire. One mistake and it is lights out when you are on a bike.

Little did we know that where we were going to be staying the night in possibly the biggest tourist trap in Wisconsin, Wisconsin Dells. Lots of water parks etc. Kids all over the place and stupidly high accommodation prices. Kamper Kevin is annoying Cheryl. He is one of the hosts. We are now trying to map out the last leg of this first part of our journey. Might be in NY by Saturday, July 24.

soph9 screwed with this post 08-18-2010 at 09:08 PM
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote