View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #13
GCRad1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Finally Time To Ride! Desert in JULY!?

We played our cards right and got some great weather in the desert after the "desert crowd" has headed down to the beaches or up to the mountains. Yes, the summer heat is on, but got lucky with some mild temps. But we wanted some wide open space and I personally was looking for some good desert two-track just to get back in the saddle with the new bike.

Making to drive up to my buddies house in Victorville, Ca. and as I climb up the last portion of the Cajon Pass, the sun peaks over blindingly!

Yes, July in the desert! We actually had a good streak of mild temperatures! We started out from "Four-Corners," the intersection on HWY395 and Cuddeback Rd and heading to Randsburg, Ca. as they have a cool ghost town there and good lunch at the General Store. So off we go!

We were having a good time traversing the desert and noticing we where making tracks on roads and trails that had not seen traffic in a few weeks. And we run up on some company. Meet Mr. Desert Tortoise. He was making his way across the road. Rare to see these guys. DO NOT TOUCH - let them be - Federal Offense for messing with them! We kinda wait and seem him across the road.

We make our way up to this nice look-out hill:

Looking down onto the town of Randsburg:

Made our way into town, tied the horses up:

The General Store is where the FOOD is!

These is a lot of Curioddities around the town of Randsburg, CA:

The town of Randsburg is a cool place to visit off the radar of most travelers, but for those that know, during "season," town is littered with off-road enthusiast:

So it's time to make our way back, and so far the ATK605 has been a WINNER with flying colors!

Just another beautiful day of riding in the desert!

Trail marker as we expanded our loop:

The ATK605 I am very stoked on right now! I do miss my XR400, but it will be back up and running in time, but this ATK605 is a sure nice addition! It's a KEEPER!
1992 ADV80 LAND CRUISER

GCRad1 screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 09:18 AM
GCRad1 is offline   Reply With Quote