View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
catweasel67 OP
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,594
Laugh

I should subtitle this thread as "doh! that would have been a cool picture but I just can't be arsed to turn around"...but it'd be a long title. I took 3 pictures...in a day :) and I missed a picture of the Goose at the shipping company. Doh! It seems I didn't learn much from my trip last year, I'm gonna have to be much more self disciplined in NA unless I want to come back with a picture a day of my bike in a gas station :). Anyhoo..moving on..

Leg 0 minus 1 completed. The Goose and I arrived safely at Munich airport about 2pm and after 406km (roughly). I slabbed it almost all the way as I wanted to buy time to cope with problems but, as it turned out, there were none.

I say no problems, I mean the bike - the jaw of my spangly helmet almost fell off (need to get some loctite on that) and my hydro pack kept pissing water all me making it look like I'd..well, pissed myself. I also lost something paper on the slab, fingers crossed it wasn't important :).

I also realise I need to do something with my goatee, it's a tad long (inches not feet) - maybe a split...oh..you don't care )

I'm using Motorcycle Express and they're contracting out the shipping of the Goose to SwissPort. I arrived, they checked the bike (1/8th tank of petrol - good. Taped battery termina - good. Nothing (apart from the obvious) explosive in my pannier - good. The paperwork had said my panniers had to be empty for shipping but on enquiry the guys/gal at Swiss said as long as it wasn't explosive I could pack what I wanted so in went my leathers (that should make my flight a tad easier).

All I had to do then was work my back to Munich Bahnhof and catch a train back to Vienna (direct, but slow, train from the aiport to the main station and a direct, €80, 4 hour, train to Vienna). Mission accomplished.

And now...3 of the most boring pictures you can imagine :)

This is the Goose - Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 which I got last year (The Yanks copied it but made a mistake in manufacturing and twisted the engine around 90% hence the nickname of the American Guzzi - some of you might know it by their more formal name of Hardly Davidson - this is gonna get me beaten up in Milwaukee )

Everyone has a thing, I have several..one of my "things" is pictures of the Goose at international borders so...

And....I could be sensible and take the Shoei, it's quieter, it's lighter, has better peripheral vision and is cooler. Nah - I'm gonna go with my egg :) .
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard

catweasel67 screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 02:13 PM
catweasel67 is online now   Reply With Quote