View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
OverlandHank
Loves to Farkel

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B
The test rides are now done on the fairing and it will be in production around mid Sept.

As with our Lynx fairings, The design features a dashboard on which the OEM speedo unit is relocated and incorporates a platform for a GPS above it in the 'head up display' position. The dash is a structural part of the fairing and acts as a brace, so we have eliminated the need for separate metal bracing (when you make things from composites, you don't like metal !).

The design features the same variable and slide away screen as used on our other designs, but we have formed a lip at the bottom of the screen to increase the ram air effect behind it to further smooth out the airflow.

Testing showed that we could ride quite comfortably at speeds up to 120kph with the helmet visor cracked halfway open ( Shoie Hornet) and then went on to flat out at indicated 190 kph without any issues. (closed circuit of course !!)

Overall, I'm really pleased with this one and it's certainly turned some heads locally.

Not finalised, but should be around $500 and available by the end of Sept.

Here's a pic of the Prototype
Thanks for posting this. It's nice enough to make me hold off pulling the trigger on the DS3. I can't wait to see what the dashboard looks like.

Subscribed.
OverlandHank is offline   Reply With Quote