View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,861
Thanks all. Camera on charge so pics will start rolling in tomorrow subject to internet access. In Lodz tonight. Some narrative on the trip so far.

Stayed in the Etap at Dortmund West first night and somewhere south of Berlin last night.

First 60 miles in Poland was a culture shock. They're still completing the A2 motorway/autoroute/autobahn so I was diverted on to B roads. All the trucks passing through on roads not designed for them had sunk huge tracks into the tarmac which made for some interesting riding. Another area of interest was that nearly every lay-by had a prostitute waiting for punters. I say nearly but guess that those that didn't were "at work". Compared to other traffic, I seemed to get a very positive reaction from most of them as I rode past. Maybe fond memories of previous riders.

Eventually got on the new A2 and slogged it down to Lodz and eventually found the Ibis Hotel. Ahead of schedule and will be cutting off the autobahn tomorrow so hopefully some good riding and some nice pics for all y'all.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN

Wildman screwed with this post 09-02-2010 at 01:28 PM
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote