View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
EnderTheX OP
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,707
Two Flat Landers, Colorado Mountain Passes on an F800GS and 640 Adventure.

Hi Yall! My buddy Chris (child) and I (Oliver) just did a trip into Colorado with our bikes trying to find the cool dirt passes and mountain views. We had been thinking about riding this area for a while and did a bunch of research (drooling over ride reports and pictures). For a couple guys from the flat Texas plains this ride was epic! Thanks to a lot of the Colorado natives and others such as Geek and their reports, tracks and pictures that helped us plan our route and enjoy our stay.

I can tell you that we both learned a lot about riding and our own personal limits. I think our style of riding balances each other well. Chris is more technical dirt oriented while I am more adventure dirt oriented.

Honestly, we were slacking off on planning our exact routes because the trip date moved up and we were both busy. When we were ready to go we had the gear sorted but I only had a couple GPS tracks stored in my GPS and no solid routes. Luckily the Colorado natives were very helpful and we procured some awesome books that directed us to the “must do” activities.

This report is going to contain tons of pictures, videos and maps. I recorded our tracks on my Garmin 276C each day so we can import them into Google Earth. I am going to share our tracks through Chris’ FTP server so you can follow our exact route.

NEW: DOWNLOAD THE FULL 5 DAYS OF TRACKS HERE: (right click and "save link as")

http://www.seestoryrun.com/gallery/_...ado-tracks.zip

Here is a map of our complete route for the days we were on the passes. Our base camp was the South Mineral Campground outside of Silverton. I can’t recommend this campground enough; the people and location were awesome!

Here are some pictures to help get everyone in the mood for a Colorado ride report! Chris will be posting a lot of his pics and the videos he has. We wanted to take you all with us on this ride so we always considered our own desires when we view ride reports… Lots of pictures, maps, trail descriptions, etc.

This is me (Oliver) on my F800GS

This is Chris (child) on his 640 Adventure

EnderTheX screwed with this post 09-05-2010 at 08:22 AM
EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote