View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Cumminsman76 OP
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,451
50 states of trailer plates.

First a little history of how this ride came about. I was talking with Zack, Partmaker from here, about Sturgis SD in the middle of April. He said there was a BMW dealer and not a HD dealer in town. There is a HD T-shirt shop, but no new bikes to be sold or serviced in town. I asked him to get me a Sturgis BMW shirt when in town and he graciously sent me one.

In May I rode out to the country where I have some family for a chicken dinner at a church. I happened to wear the Sturgis shirt instead of the Under Armour I usually wear when I ride. As it turns out my second cousin Keri was there with her son Carson who loved my BMW. She got married years ago and moved out to Phoenix to live with her husband Mark. So I don’t get to see her much anymore.

She asked if I go to Sturgis and I told her how the shirt came about. She said she owns a bar there. It floored me as she just doesn’t seem like the biker bar type. Here is a newsclip about it.

http://www.newscenter1.tv/stories/5894.aspx

Now on to the riding. This is day one. I meet my parent’s for breakfast on the way out of town.

The bike loaded up. This is my first time traveling northwest of Omaha NE and the first time on the bike to Nebraska.

I got a new camera for the trip and bungee corded it to the bike. I always wondered how folks took pictures from the bike as it was moving but it didn’t take long for me to get use to it.
Crossing the Missouri River towards the center of the state.

Wonder if we are going the same place?

Lunch in Kansas City, MO.

Pics of pics at the resturant.

I can only go 300 miles or so before fill ups so I guess I should get some fuel.

I’ve been in Iowa on my DRZ400 but now I’ve been on the GS.

Just as I remembered it.

Stopped for a break in a park.

I was told by several folks to take 2 across Nebraska and stay at the Arrow hotel. Train tracks run along the highway. My dad is on the board at an electric coop so he has told me about the lower sulfer coal from Wyoming. Here is some going east.

Here is another train.

About every 10 minutes it seemed I was passing a train going the oppisite direction. Coal, coal and more coal.

And finally the hotel.

Hope I don’t get towed.

Seems to be a friendly place.

By the time I was half way done with dessert I pulled the camera out and got a picture of what was left. I didn't get a picture of the steak I had for dinner. 600 miles on a bike builds quit a hunger.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"

Cumminsman76 screwed with this post 08-22-2010 at 06:35 AM
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote