View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #88
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer: 693
After leaving the track I stopped for breakfast and coffee. Next stop was a town to the North to drop off some paperwork, instead of the slab I used back roads one of which follows a bit of the Hudson River where you find the Spier Falls dam.

Completed in 1903 it was at the time the largest stone dam in the U.S. It is said each stone was so precisely placed that it has never needed repair,

A few more shots of the river...

As I was returning to the bike a movement in the right corner of my peripheral vision turned out to be ...

This

Then it was off to complete the days errands , in short order I was done and my return route included a stop along the canal system

Enter

Exit

It only takes about 5 minutes for the lock to fill up and the boat to be on its way and when it was on its way I was on mine.

Home in time to shower and shave and it was off to the racetrack. As this part of the day was not motorcycle related I do not include any pics, I did however manage to win a couple of hundred dollars

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

The Adirondacks and Beyond

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:35 AM
prometheus rising is offline   Reply With Quote