View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,890
They say that "lightening doesn't strike twice". The hell is doesn't! Got a wasp in my helmet yesterday. Damned little thing got in between helmet and goggles and ended up in my left ear before I could pull over, stop, engage neutral, take gloves off and eventually take my helmet off. Didn't sting me though. This morning, exactly the same thing only this time it was a big, knarly wasp. Felt it hit, pulled over, stopped, engaged neutral and suddenly felt the burning sensation like someone's stubbing out a cigarette on my left temple.

Hurt like hell. Wearing the helmet for the rest of the day has kept the swelling down around the bite but my left eye is now half shut. I'm definitely going back to a TourX/DS as soon as I can afford one.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote