View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S
great thread Steve - so when is this monster going to finished so you can come for a ride .....?

don't forget to leave enough in the kitty for a trail bike or Andy and I will stop talking to you
Thanks for the kind words, Aslan, Bart, Padmei, Dino & Mark.

Mark, I need to have the bike up & running this weekend, so that I can get to the Cold Kiwi the weekend after. Hopefully the stripped stud in the rocker box cover won't leak (too much), because I don't want to take the heads off yet.

This week / weekend I'll strip the gearbox out (as a unit - I'm not that mechanically confident yet ) , lube the clutch splines, check the clutch plate for thickness, replace the neutral switch, grease the swingarm bearings, check the drive shaft bearings for play, and reassemble. I'll replace the drive shaft boot as part of the reassembly. Also do a fluids change (engine, gearbox, final drive). Oh & fit the racks, handlebars & risers, & the heated grips.

But it'll be a work in progress for a while after that. The big tank isn't due to be manufactured until mid sept, then needs to be shipped. Same for the shock. But with sufficient notice I'll always be up for a ride...

Need to get the RS up & running as well, so will effectively have two project for a while. Still dithering as to whether I should really sell that.

It's just better when there's twins involved....

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 08-23-2010 at 03:14 AM
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote