View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #97
signit98
Nutcase... really!

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclemark
After talking to Foster performance, I was assured that these were the correct sprockets for the R1200. The extra hole is for the cam sensor which is only on the right side cylinder. So much for the response if you ordered these for the R1200 they will not work.
Well, good luck then... funny though when I helped a guy over here install them in his 12ST, in talking to him and explaining the situation with the breather wheel on the left cyclinder, Foster was very apologetic and sent e new set out the next day... WITH HOLES IN BOTH SPROCKETS>>.

Now, you are right, I could be wrong... after all, I have only installed 5 sets so far... that does not make me an expert by any means...

As a solution, you could always leave the paddle wheel out... I am sure BMW only installed that because they had a whole bunch of them laying around and needed to find a way to get rid of them. If your engine does not have the paddle wheel on the left side, you are fine and one sprocket with the hole drilled is ok... but, MANY R12 engines after '05 have the paddle wheel. Older engines have the wheel just sitting on top of the sprocket, the newer ones have a little pin on the wheel, that goes INTO the hole we are talking about.

Been there - already forgot about it...!

Follow my Journey, pursue insanity:

www.itwasnotme.com

signit98 screwed with this post 08-25-2010 at 12:37 PM
signit98 is offline   Reply With Quote