View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #39
folknride
Old Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
My two cents

Sometimes I worry that only negative stuff gets posted in forums, creating a kind of "domespeak". I'm not questioning whether all these problems with Cycleworks have occurred, but just want to say that my experience with them (and the other Edmonton dealer - Riverside - for that matter), has been nothing but positive.
I bought my 05 950 from Edmonton Cycleworks on a consignment sale, and they went way out of their way to make it run perfect, and gave me new rubber at cost and installed free. Since then I've spent a fair bit on parts and farkles, and the service has been good and the people friendly. I recently did a valve adjustment, and when they couldn't find one size shim in inventory, the parts guy searched the shop area until he found me one - and it was on a busy Saturday!
Although I'm a long way from Riverside and don't deal there much, the few times I have, they've been very helpful.
Of course, this is not warranty/KTM stuff, so I can't comment on that.
But I'm sure the hell not driving to Brooks or Vernon when I win the lotto by a new 990, 690, and Superduke
BTW Filip, ya can't import any KTM road bike newer than 2007 from the US. Sad but true.
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote