View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
meat popsicle OP
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusieRob
Recently sitting in traffic for 40 mins on +90 degs day trying to cross the border at Mexicali my bike overheat something fierce, Water coming out etc.. Had to turn it off and push. The GS I was riding with got hot but didn't overheat. I've also had problems doing lots of tight single track and had the fan on continusly. I think they (or at least mine) needs an additional fan or more efficient fan. It needs to suck harder

Had a look last weekend and think that fitting a second fan on the right side could be done with minimal pain. I thought just to wire it in parallel with the current fan circiut.

Oil cooler could also work. Would be an easier/cleaner fit to the adventure as there is already a oil line running to the steeringhead. Just Put your cooler in front of the left radiator and run one short line to the head. As this solution has no way to control oil flow (temp) then it does worries me about over cooling the oil etc. Given that, I personally wont do it.
First, check Jerome's posts, he bought an extra fan and the cowling and cut it to fit the other side. Works great he says pretty sure he said the cowling goes upside down to fit.

second, you could always put a petcock in the line to shut off oil flow when the temps are cooler. beats the hell outa figuring out a thermostat controlled valve

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote