View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #60
child
poop is fun

Oddometer: 245
I dunno about pushing suspension to the limit... but it was a fun fairly rocky trail.

To start I wasn't very thrilled with the choice to go over Bolam Pass, rated a 2, I figured it'd be a non technical 4 car width snooze of a gravel road. As we started up it was quickly obvious that it was at least typical jeep width, which was a good sign. It wasn't long before we started seeing signs like "steep and curvy next 15 miles"... Just about as soon as it got steep, it got rocky. The rocks weren't too big and just about all of them were solid, so riding wasn't very difficult, but it was stand up, pick your line, float the front wheel, shake some bolts loose, bumpy.

We stopped just at the base of the first hill to take a picture or two, I ran ahead to capture Oliver making his way the initial climb.

Oliver never stopped to wait for me, he kept going... rocking along so to speak :P I quickly saw why, the rocks and the climb were endless! The trail was a loong steady grade and endless bumps. Once I realized that the "initial" climb wasn't just a short jaunt I got a stupidly huge smile on my face that I couldn't wipe off. Around every corner the fun rocks and the steady grade kept going; I never wanted it to end! It got to the point where I was laughing at how bumpy and how endless this climb felt. I started to get a little concerned about Oliver, as he was still not 100% due to the altitude sickness, but he kept the pace up and his head down the whole way up. I guess the best cure for altitude sickness is on 2 wheels.
Arkansas 2010
child is offline   Reply With Quote