View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #86
V@lentino
Inspektor

Oddometer: 817
Thumb Another Micatech story

Exchanged several emails with Sue from Micatech to place my order, and make sure I had all I wanted, side/top cases, roof racks, liner bags and reflective tape. There was some out of the ordinary logistic to be worked out, and timing was important to me, as the items were ordered from Victoria, BC to be shipped to KY, were my new-to-me GSA was still residing. The plan was to fly to Lexington, install the cases, pick up the bike and ride it back to Victoria, BC.

As we (buyer and seller) were leisurely enjoying a barley pop and installing the side cases, about to mount the roof racks, we opted to first install the pack rack and top case to determine if the roof racks were going to be installed slightly back or slightly forward.

To my disappointment critical hardware pieces were missing from the boxes and we quickly realized that the top box, pack rack, as well as the rest of the stuff that was coming with the bike (originally had planned to stow it in, and tie it to the top box), would have to be shipped to BC; cost $200.00 usd. Also when I ordered the liners I had mistakenly understood that there would be 2 Lg and 2 Sml, where in fact the package was 1 Lg and 3 Sml.

Before I had made it home to BC, the missing hardware and brackets had been delivered to my place along with a gifted Lg liner. The day following my arrival, I email a copy of the shipping bill, and was immediately refunded.

Yup mistakes do happen, so is the nature of life, what also usually happens is a lot of corporate BS. Well not this time, emails sent were promptly and courteously replied to, usually the same day within a couple of hours.

I love the cases, and I am looking forward to our next trip and not having to puzzle our gear in the panniers.

Thank you Micatech, especially Sue for your professionalism

Pics:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post13851901

The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino
The Southern Episode

V@lentino screwed with this post 08-27-2010 at 04:58 PM
V@lentino is offline   Reply With Quote