View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #915
SFMCjohn

Oddometer: 815
Mendo NF KLR ride 8/13-16 ...

Hi all,

Great pics of the Bodie ride; thanks for posting Just Paul! Looks like you all had lots o' fun ...

Here're a couple of pics from our mid-August KLR ride from San Francisco up to Lake Pillsbury:

My "Barbie" KLR & me on Doyle Drive ...

Up Rt 175 east towards Upper Lake ... Cary was riding two up with her 16 y/o step-sister, Julia, who took this photo ...

North of the fire tower towards Deer Valley campground ...

Tegan's KLX250 and Chuck's DR 350 (my old bike that Cary rode for two months & 7000 miles on a Baja trip)

Boating on Lake Pillsbury ... Cary and Chuck can't be late ... more pics about this here ...

Good food at our base camp at Lake Pillsbury Resort ... a private campground that takes reservations ... $30/night, showers, a store ... we used it because we had a boat, otherwise I usually do the disperse-camp thing up away from the lake ... this worked out well. We had a Coleman Camp Oven/range and made a chocolate layer cake w/ sour cream icing and strawberries and tri-tip ... yum. Watched the Perseid meteor shower at night ... we did a fair amount of boating and swimming during the heat of the day, but we were pretty lucky with the weather ... it was not too hot on the lake ...

On the way up to Hull Mountain on M-1 ...

View of Lake Pillsbury ... lost my girlfriend down there ... ha.

Lots more pictures here:
http://caryandjohn.wordpress.com/201...ing-adventure/

-- SFMCjohn
IBA#'98onaEX500

SFMCjohn screwed with this post 12-07-2010 at 11:04 PM
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote