I'm in and am so jealous as I am planning almost the same trip, except that I'll be starting / ending in El Paso, TX.
I just got into the Dual Sport / Adventure Riding aspect of motorcycling, been riding street bikes for years. Just bought a dual sport in early July and have been hanging farkle since.
I just found out about the Trans-Labador Highway last weekend and am in the early stages of planning but I'm thinking my route, in broad brush strokes, will be something like this:
- leave El Paso hauling arse for Qubec City as fast as possible across the states
- from Quebec to Baie-Comeau
- to Labrador City
- to Goose Bay
- to Cartwright
- to Blanc-Sablon
- take the ferry to Black Duck Cove area (?)
- south to Deer Lake
- SE to St. Johns
- leave St. Johns and go to either Placentia or Aux Basque and take the ferry to Cape Breton in Nova Scotia
- across Nova Scotia into Maine
- from Maine haul arse bee-lining it back to TX
I'm hoping to be able to get leave next year starting in mid August to begin the trip. During that time I will continue adding parts and going on shorter trips during 3 and 4-day weekends to experiment and see what works and what doesn't work, both gear on the bike and packable gear.
Good luck on your trip and let us know the road conditions on the Trans-Lab highway.