View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 06:12 PM   #2
Arch
Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty Arch and cat0020: I ordered the Magura Hydraulic kit for my 02 Adv. and had a seriously HARD time mounting it because of the signal control housing so before you order the Magura kit call your local Katoom shop (or email me at mine @ scott@dfwktm.com) and try to get a complete hydraulic clutch from the 03 Adv. The clamp for the NEW clutch is a little longer and will alow the lever adjuster to clear the control housing!
Thanks for the heads up, bro. Seems if it's the same as the '03 625 SXC's factory hydraulic clutch setup (Magura as well), it won't work on an '02 or earlier LC4. Or at least it won't work at the engine 'cause the newer ones have an internal mechanism there, while the kit has a little slave cylinder that needs to be installed in the cable stop that '02s & earlier have.

Or ... Am I missing something here, Scotty? Maybe you're saying that just the controls can be mixed & matched? In other words, the factory '03 controls along with the kit to convert earlier ones from there on down to the gearbox? Thanks for the time...

Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote