View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #590
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance
Made it home safe @ 3:00 PM today, it was a great ride. I logged 442 miles on the KTM 640 in two days, 10mi. on the single track jackass trail, somewhere around 80-90 on misc. FS roads and the rest on mostly twistie mountain slab. Grumpy's was awesome! I left Grumpy's @ 7:45 and headed down 9 mile caynon into some nasty gusty winds and blowing dust-sand. When I got to 395 it only got worse because now it was a direct crosswind, I had to lean into wind to keep the bike tracking down the road. I made it to 178 west and fought a 50 mph head wind up to the summit and got a room in Isabella for the night at around 11;00 PM. Today I had breakfast in Kernville then headed north via FS roads along the Kern caynon's western ridge all the way to Johnsondale, saw some great country up there. Thanks to all who helped put this one together, the LA ADV weekend riders know how it's done. Thanks Dale for the gas, I might not have made it to Isabella without it. It was fun, See ya next time, Perry
Dude you are the man! I also went down the hill after Grump's. That shit was nust at the bottom of the hill! I was in a full size truck and I was scared! I couldn't see shit with all the sand blowing and my truck was all over the road. I could not even imagine riding a bike in that wind.