Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #59
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway
Thanks for the tyre tip.
Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires are sized 90/90 - 21 M/C 54R, 120/100 - 18 M/C 68R
and 140/80 - 18 M/C 70R. On mine the original 130/80 Michelin T-63 is on and I've got a good offer on used tires and parts from Pal Anders Ullevalseter and will stick with that until further. He's an extremely pleasant guy to deal with, BTW.

Mine has a CF tool box only on the left side of the bash plate. Pal Anders warned me that the bolts on this toolbox should be checked often since they tend to work loose and the box would melt against the exhaust pipe.

I had no problems, checking the bolts after every day riding ( off road- 350 km ) Check the left side of your exhaust pipe, my first cfk tool box get a little hole it it because of the heat from the exhaust, it was a little bit too near mounted to the box. Put some glue ( Loctite ) on the bolts.

Same here. It's my first and best bike of its kind and I'm damn lucky to own it. Needless to say it's not for sale any more no matter the price offered.
This one's a keeper. I've done 3000km on it now in 3 weeks :) Giantloop Coyote saddlebags are now in customs and will be used in a couple of days. Thanks, Wachs & co.!
May be Pal Anders has a lot of spare parts he wants to sell ?
italrally is offline   Reply With Quote