View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #62
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldmessage
Wooh, I am soo lucky to live in a country without "speed limits" (at least on the Autobahn, laugh) and more relaxed cops. I have a driving license for Motorcycle now since 1978 and NEVER EVER one came by an even mentioned something about riding standing up. There is a law in Italy where you are not allowed to ride with one hand on the handle bar, but that is a different story.

So if you like to ride "Standing Up" at any speed YOU want, come by and visit us here in Germany.
TJ
I will do. I am coming to Germany for the first time by bike in a few weeks time. PM me if you're around any time 25th-30th Sept and fancy showing a Welshman whose grasp of German consists of speaking in a garbled combination of Dutch and English, whilst adopting a comically bad German accent the sights. I'll be at Oktorberfest 25th-27th and at the 'ring 28th and 29th. I'll be with other Brits (seperate groups for each activity), but am up for meeting up with other Adv riders on route. :)