View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #26
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSranger
ME YOU

I am thinking about how cool it would be to make a custom CF adjustable windscreen like the TT Desierto... But I'm not sure I'm ready for a project like that after only reading all your posts. I think I will have to start with something more simple
...... It is that first time that you try this...... Then you are going to say..." wow.....it`s really that easy"..... As with the bash plate........the hard part is/was the foam build. Once the mold...or plug is build.... It is just a matter of laying up say 3 layers of cloth.....wetting it out with a brush. The reason this will be an easy project......is the fact that there will be little to no crazy bend.....sharp corners for the fabric to follow...... It will literally only take 30 minutes to lay op the composites. The fun part will be to construct the foam plug/mold....... To make something unique......Nice.... I have had alot of people ask through out the years if I give composite workshops.... Perhaps.... But you would have to come down here in the hot desert.......Could be fun though.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote