View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #27
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,605
If any of you have followed my composite posts on Thumpertalk..... you know that I do make small .....hmmm..... should we say ...blunders. It is inevitable. When you make your own stuff.... you at some point are bound to forget something. Fact of life. What makes you succeed in the composite world....and the world in general.... is how you cope with such mistake. ...
Learn from it....and try not to let it de-rail your project. Well.... I`m not afraid to post when I forget something.....weather big or small. After the ride yesterday..... I took off the skidmax screen....to compare it with stock.... Guess what..... stock is just 1/4 inch narrower on the sides than the max.....And the gps was touching the screen...... You might think....not a big deal since I`m making a new fairing....... rightfully so....But Just in case......that I don`t like the results of the fairing..... I need to be able to go back..... And never box yourself in.. Of the plate went.....Added a little aluminum tape on the sides of the three mounts....and fill with fiber/epoxy mix.........hardened overnight....and ready for drilling of new holes.....

So.....all in all.....The important part here to learn.....One day.....could be your first projects as well..... It`s gonna happen...... Step back......take a look....and focus on how to fix it.......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote