View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #1942
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,951
We regrouped and kept on going.

"Wild Bill" in the foreground. Bill, you are a blast to ride w/ and your skills are amazing.

Jay (Druid) on his new 950 ADV

Dave (wisixfitty) Making sure I was going in the correct direction.

Jeff (zorchdog) He's always #1.

Then we found some mud, Perfect. The bike were all looking so clean....

Come on guys Don't be shy!!!

We then stopped in Grand Junction for a lunch at noon. After 2 hrs on the trail everyone was ready for some food.

I missed the lunch pics.

Soon after lunch the trail through the pines required more mud crossings. In my dust Jay missed slowing a bit for a puddle. He got a nice facial out of it.

Out in the bush we came across this huge 2.5 story rock stack. Must have been a large home here back in the day. Pretty cool.

At this point we had the first battery failure. Jay left his lights on and w/ no Kick start on the 950, you're out of luck.

I back tracked to find out what was going on and found Jeff had pulled his battery to jump Jay's bike. Bill stayed back to help too. About an hour later we were back at. Great job guys.

We all made it up to Pine Lake.

Sorry Jeff, No swimming this time. :(

Jay's bike stayed running to make sure his battery would charge back up, so to help it stay cool we headed out again.

Soon after, I see a bike in the bush after checking back for the gang.
I turn around to see what's up.

That's not the trail.....

I guess Jason didn't want to take the switchback. Gassed it to fly over the GAP, but only made it a few feet before getting caught up in the trees and wedged his F800GS in the stumps and limbs pretty good. Took 4 guys to pull it out.

We then realized he had a rear flat.

Limped it out to the pavement to find a nail. Jason took off for the Shell for air and head back to camp.

Soon after Jeff's battery died. Bill stayed w/ him and under Jeff's insistence we pressed on to meet back up at camp later on.

We enjoyed some more great 2-track and mud.

That's it and we took a great paved road back to camp. We headed out around 10am. Got back around 6pm.

I had a great day on the bike, we a wonderful group of riders.

Thanks Geoff and all the volunteers for making this Rally so great. My only complaint is that I didn't get up sooner. It went so fast and missed out meeting alot of great folks.

Until Next year, see you on the trails.

cjracer screwed with this post 09-02-2010 at 09:18 AM
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote