View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #86
yamahaman
wannabe bike builder

Oddometer: 223
yz/wr suitable adventurer bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo83
Speaking of WR adventure bikes, for the last year I've been putting together the MonkeyButt-500 ride. The idea was a 500-mile three-day dualsport ride through central Colorado with a large amount of technical singletrack.

At the high point we had about 50 people signed up for the ride. Nine people showed up. Four people finished the route without any shortcuts. The final four are pictured below just before our final section of trail at midnight on the third day. Of the final four, two were WR's (one was mine)

BLUE BIKES ROCK!

here is my yz 426 I run mine thru the desert here and I have the gearing to max out at 70 mph when I'm on the rev limiter I have obviously got the close ratio gear box so this limits me a bit. I do not ride on the road (blacktop) at all unless there is a problem all of my riding is done on the desert/bush tracks. I have a 10 litre (2.6 gal) tank on the back and 13 litre (3.4 gal) clarke tank on the front. I have re routed the exahust to suit. I get 330 km (210miles) out of my bike in the bush a little less in the desert I have my bike on the rich side to protect the motor.

My two cents worth is that these bikes wr426/wr450 are awsome bikes and well designed they are suitable as an adventure bike only if you fit a cush drive rear end and suitable gearing. I have had a lot of experience in these engines and can give more info if anbody wants

Im going to fit a headlight/map reader assy in th enear future

My crazy bike build
yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote