View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
Sorry to hear about this part of your adventure Chitown.

Your not the first. I fried the crap out of my clutch 3000 miles ago doing something stupid but fun.

The clutch hung in there till a short while ago, but with almost zero freeplay and no remaining slack. In any case, at least one dealer does stock this clutch, but I depleted said dealers stock :(

In any case, the job is fresh in my mind.

It's funny, but I'm not in much better shape then you right now.

I left Kansas city where I was visiting friends to take my son to his mothers for the school year in Michigan.

40 miles from his moms on an f8gs that was fantastically overloaded, we fell over as my son was dismounting next to a curb (he's young and short)

Long story long, shifter is bent around to 11 o'clock.

I know well what that means, but on the + side I'm in a 24 hour Starbucks parking lot, so I have the most valuable tool for any mechanical job, caffeine!

So in about 10 minutes, I am off to pull my clutch cover in the parking lot after a 600 mile ride, flatten out a piece of metal that probabley looks like a rippled potato chip, then ride another 450 miles home to STL.

in any case, I'll pm u with my # incase anything in the RSD does not make sense.

Parts for you shouldn't be more then a day or two out, but if they are back ordered or something, let me know and I'll see if I can talkthe boss into letting me pull them off of a new bike.

Good luck, glad to hear your adventurious spirit is holding up :)
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote