View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaboundmoto
Well HogWild told you right! I've done 23 Baja 1000's and countless other Baja races and the NORRA Mex 1k was an absolute blast! Fun terrain, fun format, simple logistics, low pressure, and a good time every night.
I'm feeling a bit left out here... Jonah actually started the race on a '87ish Husky but that bike gave up the ghost almost within sight of the Start line. I stopped (started after him) and told him if he wanted to continue to La Paz then we could share my '88 XR. I couldda easily done the entire race, but we're old friends and he came a lone way to DNF so early.
Yeah, I had a cheater bike (it was awesome too). But there were for sure some goofy rules and regulations for that event. There were race cars that would still be competitive today. I believe the 1st real vintage finisher would have been that Olds in the pic you posted @ 13th overall.

Thanks for all of the info and pictures!! Any idea why the old Honda DNF'd? I would love to pick your brain as things progress..please feel free to call BS, or offer advice as I stumble through this!

Nothing wrong with your cheater bike , I think in order to make good time, ie; actually be competitive, that would be the only way to go! Good on ya for giving Jonah the ride

I'm looking forward to them announcing the dates in April so I can plan a bit more.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote