View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #73
lakota OP
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,892
Day 11 Somewhere west of Port Sydney to Charlottetown PEI

We were up early but then had to wait to leave since there was not enough light in the parking lot to see to get the bikes loaded.

Shortly after 6 we finally got moving. This bridge was on the cover of the menu in the restaurant where we ate last night and I had wondered where it was. Little did I know it was 2 miles down the road.

Then it was over to Englishtown and the first ferry of the day- a 10 minute ride for $5.

This got us to the Cabot Trail.

I have heard lots about this ride, mostly good with some negatives. From my point of view it is mostly good. The negatives are all because there are a few sections where the ride is like riding in any number of places. But those spots are the necessary evil that gets you to the good places.

Shots along the Cabot Trail

Sometimes there are signs in both english and celtic

thought Lady Lakota, my daughters, granddaughter and the distaff readers would enjoy this sign

Looking back along the east coast

Scenery

Thirsty Hiker - recommended

Looking back

More east coast

a replica of a Sheppard's hut built to honor Angus MacDonald, who donated a chunk of land to the park

A photo of a post card showing part of the ride through the park. The previous picture was taken at the third switchback up the hill.

Headed to the west coast

The road south along the west coast

What's wrong with this picture?

Right after I took this we left the National Park and continued south. There are two construction zones in the park - one at the east entrance and one at the west.

At a gas stop

More along the west coast

After the Cabot Trail the ride did get a little dull. We were heading to Prince Edward Island and the road to the PEI Ferry is mostly slab. But we prevailed and got to the ferry landing 10 minutes before they were ready to load. And the motorcycles were loaded first. And more good news - you pay only to get off the island so the trip over was free.

The ferry

Waiting

Ready for sea

We used our own tie downs as the ones the boat provided were too big

Looking down the auto deck

After arriving on PEI it was 28 miles to the motel - and 20 miles to the first gas station. Be forewarned if you go via the ferry.

A great day of riding

Chocolate!

IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote