View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 AM   #58
DakarDreamer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Jenny

Just seen your thread - WoW and good luck!
I'll be keeping a keen eye as I plan to do the Dakar in 2012!

I was riding with Tamsin at Brecon Beacons Rally a few weeks ago (one of her sponsors was on her WR Dakar bike) - it seems like the WR450 is becoming more popular so it will be interesting to see how you and Graig get on in the Dakar versus the relatively untried KTM450 conversions (and the new 450 rally!)

Keep us informed to your sponsorship success too as I am keen to find the most successful options! I have considered setting up a charity for adventures like this as the tax breaks and help for sponsorship would be great but not sure if it's feasible and wary that the time and effort of setting one up maybe a 'Dakar' task itself.

On the website front - I use a Wordpress blog that you can add static pages to (if you choose the right template) so it looks more like a full website than a blog but is very easy to set up. You can go as fully featured if as you like if you host it yourself or do a template design but I don't have any web knowledge and wanted something simple to minimise the time and effort.

Have you conisdered any online clearing seervices as alternatives to paypal? You can process credit card payments using smart phone apps these days so it may be an option?

Anyway good luck, let us know if you need any help and have fun in Moab!

cheers
Jago