View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #151
LittleWan
You can do it!

Oddometer: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX
Hey man thanks for the comment! There will definitely be more cool pass pics, lots of Imogene because the weather was amazing at that point.

We did Black Bear pass lol and when I was posting the picture I looked at it trying to figure out where the hard part was. I figured it was off to the left but I couldn't be certain but now that you mention it I do believe it is not visible from that location. It is a strange feeling when you are looking at a distant trail or mountain in real life, sizing it up and wondering what it will be like to conquer it. For me finally looking at Black Bear Pass eased some of my worries because it looked like the majority of the switch backs would be easy... its one thought that helped me get over the pass when the going got rough (foreshadowing )
I tried blowing your pic up (screen capture) to get a better look and I still can't tell (too grainy). I guess you need a Colorado expert to tell you for sure.

Are the bridal veil falls visible in that photo? I couldn't tell. If you are facing the switchbacks, those steps are kind of up and behind the falls, right?

I was trying to compare that section you photographed with the photos I took (to look across and see if the vantage point makes sense) but I realized that I don't know exactly where you were taking your photos (We didn't know about Imogene Pass ).
SO, I've got that goin' for me.

Oh, I sound just completely insane and obsessive, don't I?
yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Must. Know. The. Answer. Now...

Okay, can I have a 20 million dpi copy of that photo so I can enlarge it and examine the details with my magnifying loupe? Just kidding!

I'll just sit quietly now and enjoy your beautiful photographs.
Your pretty ride report deserves a nice bump anyway...
P.S. I'm enjoying the words, too. Not just the pictures.

Oso bored? you can find the rest of our ride reports HERE
make stupid your favorite!

LittleWan screwed with this post 09-08-2010 at 08:19 PM
LittleWan is offline   Reply With Quote